Updated: Jun 13, 2021
Happy National Sheltie Day Everyone! Today I'm sharing 5 pros and 5 cons about Shelties! I love shelties and my very first session as a pet photographer was with this stunning pup named Bre who left some rather large paw prints on my heart.
While Shelties do rock, please remember if you're looking to add a new addition to your home and family that your local rescue groups + shelters often have purebred pups also awaiting a great home. So please be sure to give one of them a bark + let them help find you the perfect match for your family, home + lifestyle!
As always, every breed has many pro's and con's - so always be sure to do your homework first either online, asking other dog owners who have that breed at the dog park or local breed-specific groups that get together or dog sport events, before deciding on a breed you'd like to adopt, or even better, head down to that local shelter or rescue that often have a great match in mind for you and your family that fits your home and lifestyle needs.
Now, without further ado, here are 5 pro's all about amazing shelties!
1. They are SUPER Smart and because of that, they're often used for therapy or other medical alert pups and even found often in dog sports like agility. They are also super attentive and responsive and love nothing more than learning new tricks!
2. They are playful, affectionate, and devoted to their families.
3. They have a super sweet and gentle temperament
4. They have beautiful coats in a variety of colors that are simply magnificent when well cared for.
5. They are also super attentive and responsive and love nothing more than learning new tricks!