Updated: Dec 22, 2019
I LOVE Artisan sessions! They are so much fun and a great way to add a fun updated photo of your fur-kid in a joyful seasonal theme or just update a photo of them to create a fantastic new wall piece for your home. If you love them as much as I do, here are five easy ways you can make sure your artisan session goes off without a hitch!
1. Be on time. And by on time, I mean 15 minutes early! Make sure you have everything ready to go, as well. When you're ready to step up as soon as it's your turn it makes a world of difference.
2. Check and read your emails to get the 411 on your artisan session theme + time slot. Because there are sometimes props and often a really great location, I often give suggestions for colors or clothing to wear to prevent clashing with the background.
3. Make sure your fur-kids have had a good run or playtime beforehand so they get some of that extra energy burned off before your session. Don't forget to also bring water, poop bags, leash, and a favorite treat or toy. As with a regular session, it helps to keep them motivated with their favorite attention-getter!
4. Dress comfortably. If you're going to be in the photo with your fur-babies, if you're in clothes you feel comfortable in, the photos turn out that much better. Try not to wear clothes that can constrict or are made from itchy materials. Take it from someone who's been photographing people for years: your discomfort shows! Also, be sure to dress for the weather + location - high heels are not a great thing to be wearing in a forest or lake location!
5. Get excited! This is going to be so much fun, so why not get super pumped about your session? Make a day of planning out what you'll wear and spend a few extra minutes in front of the mirror pampering yourself. Why not?
Want to learn more about my Artisan Sessions or sign up for my next paw-tastic Artisan Session? Be sure to check it out HERE!