Happy Saturday everyone! Did you know that September is Responsible Dog Owner Month? In honor of that, today, I'm sharing 11 great tips on how to be an amazing and ultra responsible dog owner!
1. I think it goes without saying but, be sure to follow local dog laws. From leash laws to picking up your licenses and picking up behind your pet and everything in between.
2. Another one that goes without saying, however, be sure to visit your vet regularly. Yearly visits to your vet are important to keep your dog properly vaccinated and to help with preventative health care. It is also a great time to check in with your vet and ask great questions on how you can improve your pup's health. And I'm tying this one in with vet care because technically it is. Be sure to spay and neuter your pets. Studies have shown that pets that are spayed and neutered live healthier, longer lives. Plus, spayed neutered pets are less likely to develop behavior problems.
3. Make sure your dog is getting a proper diet. If you're not sure if they have any special requirements or are having trouble deciphering the cryptic ingredients on your pet food bag, be sure to check with your vet to make sure that it is good food for your pet. Don't forget to also feed them the right amount for their size and lifestyle. A nutritious and well-balanced diet. A great day starts with a healthy diet and that includes for our pups!
4. Keep your pet groomed. Not all breeds need regular haircuts, but all do need occasional baths, tooth brushing, and nail trims. Think carefully before getting a pet and learn about its special requirements. Even short hair pups need a good brushing and nail trimming at the very least.
5. Socialize your pet. Playing with other dogs